Keeping You Informed and Ready for What’s Next
We’re pleased to inform you that a potential U.S. government shutdown has been averted through a last-minute budget agreement. The House and Senate approved a short-term bill, swiftly signed into law by President Biden, ensuring the uninterrupted flow of funds and services until November 17, 2023.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The short-term agreement extends funding until November 17, 2023.
- This new date represents the deadline for the U.S. Government to reach a long-term budget agreement.
- If a long-term agreement is not reached by November 17, a federal shutdown may occur.
These developments underscore the importance of staying connected and ready for what’s next.
proactive measures for smooth international trade operations
While the threat of a shutdown has been temporarily averted, it’s crucial to remain vigilant and ready for potential challenges as we approach November 17th. Here are proactive steps you can take to ensure your international trade operations continue smoothly:
Review and Adjust Schedules: Take a close look at your shipment schedules and timelines to identify any shipments that could be affected should negotiations extend closer to November 17th. Consider making flexible arrangements to account for any possible delays.
Maintain Open Communication: Keep lines of communication open with your partners, suppliers, carriers, and customs brokers. Stay informed about any changes or disruptions that could impact your shipments.
Stay Updated: Remain vigilant by keeping an eye on agency-specific announcements and updates concerning potential government actions. While certain agencies like Customs & Border Protection and TSA are anticipated to maintain regular operations, rest assured that when working with MTA, we proactively monitor these developments on your behalf to ensure a seamless experience.
Documentation Preparedness: Ensure that all necessary documentation for your shipments is complete and accurate. This includes customs documentation, permits, and licenses. Having your paperwork in order can help expedite processing once agencies resume normal operations.
Contact Our Support Team: If you have any concerns or questions about how the situation may affect your shipments in the coming 45 days, please reach out to our dedicated support team. We’re here to assist you and provide guidance tailored to your unique situation.
stay informed and prepared
While there is no immediate shutdown, we encourage you to stay informed and prepared. Here’s how you can stay ahead of potential challenges:
1. Bookmark Our News & Insights page: the News & Insights section on our website is your go-to resource for vital updates and insights that impact international trade.
2. Subscribe to our Newsletter: Join our newsletter to receive timely updates, industry news, and expert guidance directly in your inbox. Sign up on our website footer to get started.
4. Reach Out to Our Team: Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. Don’t hesitate to contact us.
5. Discover Valuable Resources: To remain well-prepared as we approach the November 17th deadline, explore our informative content on government shutdown effects on international trade by clicking here.
Stay connected with Midwest Transatlantic Lines, Inc. for the latest updates and insights to help you navigate potential challenges during this extended period of uncertainty.
Experience the MTA Lines Advantage: Delivering First-Class Solutions in Forwarding Freight and Shipping Services.
With over 40 years of industry expertise, MTA Lines delivers a comprehensive suite of logistics services, including forwarding freight, air and ocean solutions, and specialized trade lanes. As an employee-owned enterprise, we take pride in our dedicated customer service and tailored industry solutions. Whether you’re a small or mid-sized manufacturer seeking reliable shipping services in the Midwest or beyond, partner with MTA Lines for excellence in global logistics. Reach out today to explore how our forwarding freight and shipping services can enhance your supply chain.